Friday, October 14, 2011

The Resilancy of Youth

As we were pulling out of the hospital parking lot last night, I found myself in a rather odd situation. Phone in hand and making a call to Blond Girl's Band Director asking him if she could come to practice. After the words left my mouth, I could hear nothing but silence. He had to be thinking are you freaking kidding me? 

This poor girl had been in Pediatric ICU for two and a half days and she wanted to go to Marching Band Practice? Yeah sounds pretty goofy to me too. The thing is she felt fine.. she felt fine within an hour of her incident... so why curtail her? Yes, the doctors are curtailing her.. The doctors have limited her exercise and while she can PLAY she can not march. But she needed to go. Tonight is Senior Night and as she put it, she is not going to have gone through 4 years of marching band.. not to mention the 6 years before that where she had to go support her siblings.. and NOT get her Senior Night!

Wednesday is Senior Night for swim team.. she can't swim either but she is going to enjoy those moments as well.. She earned them afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment