Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Getting Ready for her Senior Solo

So Blond Girl doesn't know it yet but I actually heard her practicing for her Senior Solo! She sounded beautiful, I seriously wish I had her range. What I don't understand though is why she is singing it so high. She has a beautiful Alto voice and she is singing Then Sings My Soul.. why isn't someone at her school working with her so she can sing it in her key?

Then Sings my Soul is a wonderful Torch Singer Song.. you know the ones belted out by altos? Such as Ethel Merman, Lena Horne and others? This is not the first time she has sung a song in too high of a key. She sang Martina McBride's Concrete Angel and tanked it because it was too high.. Hello, Martina has a wonderful alto voice and sings it perfectly. Isn't anyone paying attention? Do they not understand that some people have low voices?

I miss my choir directors.. Both James Armstrong from Granada Jr High AND Richard Crain from First Family Church. They both understood the power of a good alto!

No comments:

Post a Comment