Friday, February 6, 2009

10 Things Only I Can Do Around the House


It is an amazing fact that there are things in our household that only I can do. I thought I would share a few with you all.

1. throw empty containers away (food, beverage, shampoo)

2. replace the toilet paper

3. hang up wet towels

4. put laundry away

5. do laundry

6. empty the trash.. to them the overflowing just means well i hope it makes it.

7. wash the dishes

8. pass out money (oh they all have their own just dont like to use it)

9. make phone calls, to say colleges, doctors, whatever

10. go to the post office..

Back in the day when I planned my children (and the first three were planned almost to the day they were born) I thought it would be cool to have them so close together... to have a unit.. I now often wonder what was I thinking?

Oh well, ain't life grand?

11 comments:

  1. Hi,you need to add one more thing,add entrecard widget to your blog,i cant find it anywhere in your blog,thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't I hear you. . . We have to be renaissance women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing, I have those same hidden talents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least technology had released most of us from the task of refilling the ice-cube trays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see I am not the only one who can do these things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my house I'm the only one who can fix the computers or make the network work again. Never mind that most of the time, all you have to do is unplug the modem, wait 20 seconds and plug it back in again - only *I* can do it right. Gleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree 100% with your list ...
    I would just have to add,
    Fill the dog's food and water bowl.
    (My family adores our dog, but I swear they just do not SEE the empty bowls!)
    dawn
    http://iowahippiechick.today.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is hilarious. If I didn't have my daughter, my list would be nearly identical! She however helps me enough to make up for my son, (whom she insists I spoil). Teens are pure joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That list looks awfully familiar...
    just needs a take out the trash when full,
    ...add stuff to the shopping list when it runs out
    ...and take the next loaf of bread out of the freezer when the current one is finished

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean, especially relating to anything having to do with cleaning. My children seem to be missing the chromosome that lets them see all the garbage on the floor and the overflowing trash can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ... just to add some balance, it's not just women that can do that! Ok, my wife does most of it, but I do some, and I assist in nagging the teens! I can't believe that I had to do a checklist a few weeks ago for the two almost-17 year olds ... I'm sure I didn't need one! (LOL)

    ReplyDelete