Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Problem With Cars


As I spoke a few weeks back, my son got a car.. He was jubilant! Excited to be on his way, to be able to provide his own transportion, life was good.

Except... on thursday the week before last he called and asked me to check with the tire place and see how much a new tire and rim was going to cost him. Seems he hit a pothole. The rim was bent and the tire was flat.. Because no one seemed to know the name of the tire place I walked over in the sleeting rain and asked my questions. Got the answers and gave him a call. Silly me, I thought he had taken care of it.

Today, word girl and I went to the mall, I needed new glasses. As she has her permit she needed the practice. No problems well except for the car she just about side swiped and scared the beejeebers out of me... BUT... then when we were just 3 miles from home we were victims to another pothole. Taking out the DONUT that we were still driving on. Poor girl handeled it like a trooper.. Pulled over on the expressway and we switched places. I drove it the rest of the way home.

Hair Boy was amazingly nice about it.. all things considered it could have been prevented and I guess he realized that..

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment today. I really appreciate it. I feel like I hit the jackpot!

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete