Thursday, February 12, 2009

Just an Irksome Thought


I know I promised I would not write about the octybaby dilemma anymore in my blogs (well I promised on my other blog) but this relates to me as a mom so I thought I could make an exception.

It seems the octymom is receiving state aid, not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself but it is insulting to those of us who can't get it. I have struggled on the cusp for years and managed to raise my kids for the most part without aid, and certainly without any state aid.. She is receiving social security assistance for having a child with ADHD.. shoot, i could have used that, pita boy at 19 is still having issues we could still use the assistance.. and yet we as do millions of others persevere.. we raise our children (that we had naturally) we clothe them, we feed them and we shelter them all to the best of our ability.

When I find out that our government is going to be paying for her, her medical bills, her food, her shelter, her very life it seems it just irks the heck out of me..


2 comments: