Sunday, January 18, 2009

What is the best Way to Win an Argument

What is the best way to win an argument? According to the rest of the world it is by not getting involved, to shut up and walk away... But in MY HOUSE....

According to daughter number 1, who has never met an argument she didn't like, it is to yell and scream and of course have the last word. To put others down then get upset when they react. To expect me to defend her when she pushes her brother too far.. and of course to always believe that she is right.

This from the child I would most like to muzzle! She has ever gotten herself into trouble merely because she cant keep her mouth shut.. Today of course is no different and yet she walks around the wounded victim not understanding that it is just as much her fault as anyone elses...

oh well, what was it I said yesterday? Oh yeah and I CHOSE to have children...
sheesh

7 comments:

  1. Been there, done that! My daughter is now 23 but, oh, I remember what you describe as if it were yesterday. Hang in there. It will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's why I drink Vodka. and plenty of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest daughter is like that (she's 13). She is always the wronged party and will not accept responsibility for anything. I try to walk away from arguments and she follows me through the apartment. I'll lock myself in the bathroom and she'll pound on the door and scream until I come out. It's beyond frustrating!

    Hang in there, my mom keeps telling me that eventually they move out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I have the same daughter! She's gotten better about it, though. My new mantra is, "Being loud doesn't make you right."

    I'll let you know if I see signs of it working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember choosing to have a baby. Why didn't someone warn me about the teen part? If you find a way to get a refund let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I've got one of those too! Well, two, but one is a teenage son. I just thank God everyday I have one of each because two of either would put me over the edge!!! Arrrgghhh!!!

    ReplyDelete