Friday, January 23, 2009

How Come?


How come when our children are little they utter the cutest things? We are amazed and astounded by their observations. We wait with baited breath for their next utterance.

Once they hit a certain age, say 4... that so stops. Then as the years progress we consider all sorts of options on how to keep them quiet. Culminating in the teenage years where a muzzle is constantly considered. Their utterances are no longer witty and perceptive... they are rude and arrogant.. they know it all and we are just worthless appendages that hang around to feed them, clothe them, shelter them and cater to their every need.

In my case, my oldest helps out, pays about 25% of the rent, which we could not survive without his help, but he is under the impression that, that gives him the right to voice his opinions on.... My parenting skills, my amazing sense of or lack of sense of financial abilities.. the fact that I haven't yet acquired a job (can't be the job market must be me)

I have heard rumors that they outgrow these tendencies... I am waiting..

No comments:

Post a Comment