Sunday, November 2, 2008

Can We Say Rocket Scientist??



Now for those of you who are unaware, today's teenager has a heavy burden to carry, personally I am not supprised when I hear of one snapping. Sad I admit but not surprised. I am sure I will return to this theme over and over again, but here is an example of the insanity we put our teenagers through.

As I am sure you are all aware, Friday night was Halloween.. ok a time where kids and teenagers and some crazed adults just have fun, trick or treating, parties or just watching the parade of kids it is a long and exhausting evening. So what does our local HS swim conference do? They plan the season ending conference meet (ok some swimmers go on to sectionals and state but for the most part) on the day after Halloween.. Now it was scheduled well in advance so the kids could be ready for this sad fact (hello teenagers here none of them had a clue).. so the Coach being a magnimus sort changed practice from Friday afternoon to Friday morning.. yes they had a 5:30 morning practice on Halloween. So here it was 4:30 in the morning and my girls are trooping off to school. After a tough practice, my youngest was out and on her way to swing choir practice at 7.. then a full day of school for both (both of whom have honors classes so not a walk in the park).. then off for their prepared evenings..

I am sure I will deny this later but my oldest, Frankie at least had the brains to come home at a reasonable hour and get some sleep but the younger one came trooping in about midnight.. And the next morning it was up at 4:30 so they could leave the house by 5:00 to make the bus.. and drive forever (well an hour) then swim.. then back home and to me.. needless to say by the time the late afternoon came and they were home well they were not in the best of moods.

And who said the witches left after Halloween..

No comments:

Post a Comment