Sunday, October 26, 2008

Does a Mother Proud

Today I was listening to my children bicker and some rather fun things came out of it. One of them was my oldest daughter out of the blue stating "I can make beer come out of the bottle from the bottom by hitting it really hard".

Oh how my heart fluttered with joy, the pride erupting from my soul (did i mention she is 16). All those honor classes, years spent learning music and time spent encouraging her to become a sophisticated young lady.. snorts.. yeah that worked. Fortunately she did qualify that she learned it on mythbusters and it really doesn't work with carbonated drinks, just water. Whew at least she isn't off carousing wildly at weekend parties learning how to tie a cherry stem into a knot with her tongue.. Nope she learned that particular skill at home.

Oh the joys of parenting, and the best part is.. when they become unique, interesting, self-sufficient individuals they leave.. Of course that is how one knows that they did their job right.

No comments:

Post a Comment