Wednesday, January 4, 2012

We are in the Six Weeks

When PITA Boy was a child, he was very very very excited for Christmas almost to the point of making himself sick. I was worried that he would be disappointed when or if he didn't get what he asked for so I told him.. "If you don't get what you want don't be disappointed remember it's only six weeks until your birthday"

After saying that he took to it like well a duck to water.. now almost 20 years later it is part of our family ritual.. and he has what he calls his six weeks list.. It's pretty small, he wants a dress coat, like a pea coat and a Bible. Of course he made me giggle today...


PITA Boy: Mom, I want a coat like this *pulls out Blond Girl's red coat* only black and for men.. oh and a Bible..


Me: Ok, you would look good in a coat like that (he dresses rather well when given his preference) 


PITA Boy: I think the coat would look good w/my black gloves.. but first I want the Bible.. well maybe just the old testament stuff...


Mom: Honey you do know you get both Old and New Testaments in the Bible...


Hair Boy: *blushes and grins* Oh yeah.. forgot that.. *then he turned to me and flashed his crooked grin* you know mom, It's only six more weeks till my birthday...

Yeah he makes me smile, this pain in the .... of mine..

No comments:

Post a Comment