Friday, December 26, 2008

What passes for Scintilizing Conversation

So it's the day after Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring (unless it's that louse)

Seriously, after a reasonably good Christmas was I a fool to think that they could get along? Today the conversation went something like this

hand me the paper?

the what?

the paper....

oh..... (nothing gets handed)

(in a louder voice) HAND ME THE PAPER (remember we are living in a one room hotel right now so how far away could it be?)

the what?

THE PAPER.....

(in a near scream) HAND ME THE PAPER... oh NEVER MIND You are so fricken lazy... (gets up moves three inches gets the paper)

oh you wanted the paper?

yeah, I asked for the paper...

did not

did so

did not

did soo............ etc....

oh yeah.. have I mentioned they are 17 and 18???

sheesh...

Hope your holidays are as happy as mine...

2 comments:

  1. I totally relate! Conversations between my 13 and 17 y.o.'s tend to consist of one saying to the other "go away, you're annoying me!" and the other one saying "what?? I didn't do anything!!!!" Isn't parenthood fun?? @@

    I've come to the conclusion that their very existence annoys each other...

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....so you mean my kids are not going to grow out of this bickering stage???!!! I had SO hoped they would! ;) No worries, if they don't I'll just resort to your closet method. That sounds like a great idea to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete