Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blond Girl Points Out the Obvious

With all the talk of the World Ending in 2012, Blond Girl made a very accurate point. Umm hello, The Mayans did not celebrate Leap Day.. that means that every four years for what 5000 years, a day was not accounted for. Very interesting.. To take her point even further she did the actual math, which I of course do not have.. Anyway her point being, if we were really going by the Mayan Calender 12, 21, 2012 would have come 7 plus months ago.. Ooops the world has already ended and we just don't know it.

I love it when our kids have more common sense than we do!! Of course Earth could be hit by a meteor tomorrow.. We have no clue and counting on an ancient calendar to determine the end of the world is pretty stupid. It's like listening to the quasi predictions of Nostradamus.. Sure it COULD happen but it's not a sign. Now if I am wrong and the world does end on 12, 21, 2012 I  give you all permission to send a letter of complaint..

Shauni

2 comments:

  1. I've heard about that too. I'm guessing we are all too busy to even notice that our world has ended seven months ago (*snort*).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The part that made me laugh.. you know that crazy guy last summer who gave us an end of the world date? Well uhmm his dates sorta match.. LOL

      Delete