Friday, February 17, 2012

When Does She Have Time for Class?

I got a call from Word Girl today.. she was in Elgin which is about 30min from me. Now she goes to school in Macomb which is 4 hours from us. She is on a bus tour with her school, visiting High Schools.. From Elgin she went to Champaign/Urbana which is about 2 1/2 hours from here.. then on to Kentucky, then Nashville.. before heading back to Macomb..

She should be back sometime Monday Night.. She is acting as some sort of ambassador for school.. and that's good, eventually her connections are going to be very very excellent. Although, I don't see how they will help in the field of Marine Biology.. but she is learning how to deal with people.. how to stand as a leader and how to public speak (which she is horrible at).. Next month, during Spring Break she is off on another trip with the school.. and in the summer, another.. a busy girl my girl.. Maybe she will even find time to go to class.

Yeah, really I'm not complaining I am just too proud of her!!

2 comments:

  1. I went to Western Il. U. what a great school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves it! And I was joking as she is getting a great education.. As a Biology major it would be easy to get lost in the science so it's nice to see her being active

      Delete