Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Wonderful Thing



One of the most wonderful things a parent ever achieves is having a conversation with their child that shows their growth, maturity and yes independence.

I was speaking with Blond Girl today and felt such pride, such joy in her. I was astounded at her wisdom, her voice. She is turning into a fantastic young woman.

I shared with her something I wrote on shaunispeaks and she articulated in a non judgmental way that said, I see your point but I don't agree.. It was beautifully done. Then as our conversation continued and she saw my response to what others said and how I was choosing to handle it, she complimented me. Still not ever agreeing with me, just never condemning. If she can take that gift into the  world with her she will have an amazing life!

I found myself listening to her opinion and advice while I was able to offer her some as well. A true conversation with another woman.. yeah made me tear up a bit. I am so very proud of her

No comments:

Post a Comment